The Walking Project is completed and the Book a Field Trip page has been archived so the score is for documentation only.
Confluence Field Trip Score
- Identify your Group.
- Decide how you will make decisions and who will be the artist’s contact.
- Click on Choose a Field Trip and choose a route.
- Click on Lenses and decide if you want to choose a “lens” or theme from the WordCloud to influence your walking, choose your own, or walk free-form.
- Click on Book a Field Trip to schedule. The artist will confirm her availability with the person who books. (Everyone should read the waiver downloadable from this page.)
- Meet at the chosen time and place.
- The artist will meet you and demonstrate how to use the audio recorder. She will wear a video camera on a chest harness and walk with you.
- Walk the route as a group. Keep silence (except to audio record), look and listen, influenced by your Lens if you are using one.
- An audio recorder will be passed around; speak in it if you choose, using your Lens to influence what you say.
- At the route endpoint, return the audio recorder to the artist, disperse alone or together.
everything is interesting | keep looking | keep listening | notice movement | notice stillness | notice pattern | feel your feet on the earth | feel the temperature of the air on your skin | notice your thoughts and let them go | everything is alive